tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jim Urban" <>
Subject Tomcat 4.0 Session Timeout
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2001 16:52:47 GMT

I've now asked this three times and have yet to receive a solution.  I must
get this resolved since the security requirements of my application require
the user's session to automatically time out after 5 minutes of

How do I set the session time out for a context in Tomcat 4.0.  The session
time out is defaulting to 18000 seconds (5 hours?).  I have tried adding the
following to both my context's WEB-INF/web.xml file and the
$CATALINA_HOME/conf/web.xml file but both are ignored.

How do I go about setting the time out to 5 minutes?

Jim Urban
Product Manager
Netsteps Inc.
Suite 505E
1 Pierce Pl.
Itasca, IL  60143
Voice:  (630) 250-3045 x2164
Fax:  (630) 250-3046

PS:  Love Tomcat 4.0, it seems really solid!

View raw message