tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Laurens Fridael" <l.frid...@championchip.nl>
Subject mod_webapp + Tomcat 4 + Apache
Date Mon, 03 Sep 2001 07:08:35 GMT
Hi,

When would the mod_webapp/Tomcat4/Apache combination be ready for production
use? Is anyone using this combination already? In the release notes of Beta
7 it is stated that the combination does work but there are some limitations
pertaining to basic authentication. I'm using form authentication so that
limitation is not an issue.

Am I correct in saying that Tomcat 4 is already better than Tomcat 3 despite
it not being labeled "Final" yet (because the Servlet 2.3 specs haven't yet
been finalized)? I don't want to learn having to configure Tomcat 3 when the
latest and greatest is just around the corner.

Thanks
-Laurens