tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Chuck.Irv...@mail.sprint.com
Subject RE: Help! Launching Catalina with Debugging Enabled
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2001 23:40:38 GMT
David responded to my earlier post (below), saying that I should set
CATALINA_OPTS in startup.sh. I neglected to say that I was running
under windows NT in which case I believe that I should make the setting
in startup.bat. I'm doing this but it doesn't seem to be doing the
trick. Specifically, at the beginning of startup.bat, I have:

set CATALINA_OPTS=-Xdebug
-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=8000

When I try to attach I get an error message as if the process is not
listening on the port. Am I missing a necessary argument? I'm running
JDK1.3_1

Struggling,

Chuck