tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Järkeborn Joacim <joacim.jarkeb...@consultant.volvo.com>
Subject RE: JSP vs. ASP
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2001 11:54:51 GMT
Some differences:

A ASP page is compiled into memory (every time it's accessed I think)

A JSP page is pre-processed into a Java class (*.java, Servlet) and then compiled (*.class).
This happens ONE time only. If the JSP-page has changed it's being processed again. Everything
is on disk. Then it's executed as Servlet.
It takes a little more time at first but then are faster than ASP.

Best regards

Joacim Järkeborn