tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Järkeborn Joacim <joacim.jarkeb...@consultant.volvo.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat4 and Apache
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2001 05:55:58 GMT
> I'm installing Tomcat4 Release !!  Need I to install Apache ?

Nope, you can change Tomcat to listen at port 80. Apache is better to handle static data and
do you need very good performance you should use Apache + tomcat.

> How I connect Tomcat4 with Apache ?

Yes, using mod_webapp connector. For now you need to build it but I recommend that you wait
until the binary is available.

From: http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/release/v4.0/
"Binary and source distributions of the mod_webapp connector will be posted on Wednesday,
September 19, 2001, for a variety of platforms. If you wish to build the connector in the
mean time, please download the jakarta-tomcat-connectors CVS repository, and follow the build
instructions in the README.txt file of the webapp subdirectory."

// Jocke