tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Shweta Agarwal <sagar...@digitalimpact.com>
Subject how to secure servlet using htaccess?
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2001 20:25:52 GMT
Hi!
I had a question about how to use htaccess to protect  a servlet I am
running with Resin servlet engine and Apache web server.  I did not find any
mailing list on resin-apache, thus i am sending my question here.  I will
appreciate if I can get any help.
Here is the problem:

I am trying to use Apache as the webserver and Resin as the servlet engine
on windows 2000 and am not able to protect a servlet.

on windows, my apache htdocs directory is
c:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache\htdocs

 but i have my servlets in the directory
c:\servlet\com\test\TestServlet

in my resin.conf file, i have put the classpath
<classpath id='c:\servlet' />
	<servlet-mapping url-pattern='/TestServlet/'
servlet-name='com.test.TestServlet'/>

Thus my question is that if i want to provide secure access to this servlet,
where should my .htaccess file be.

Where should i put my .htaccess file, such that for this servlet, it
requires authentication.  For all other documents, I do not want any
authentication.

Thanks,
Shweta