tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Tia Haenni" <thae...@kc.rr.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 4.0 and IIS 5
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2001 23:48:40 GMT
I tried to do this very thing all day yesterday. If you want to run tomcat
4.0 as a service, I suggest you download the .exe version. It has a pretty
slick installer program, just know that any prior version of tomcat and any
files under it will be permanently deleted without asking. Rename or
otherwise backup the entire tomcat directory of your old version before
installing 4.0. I went so far as to download a new isapi_redirect.dll and
reinstalling it, changing the registry, but it still did not work. If you
get it, please let me know how!!!!!

-----Original Message-----
From: Tore Skogly [mailto:tore.skogly@c2i.net]
Sent: Friday, September 21, 2001 2:57 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Tomcat 4.0 and IIS 5

I have just installed Tomcat 4.0 on Windows 2000  running IIS 5.

Is it possible to configure redirecting and services on Tomcat 4.0 and IIS
the same way as with Tomcat 3.2.3.

I would like to create a service that starts when the computer is started,
the same way it is possible with Tomcat 3.2.3 using jk_nt_service.exe

I also would like to redirect the same way as for 3.2.3, using the ISAPI
Redirector (isapi_redirect.dll)

Can this be done, and if it can - how?

Tore Skogly