tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Haller, Joe" <Joe.Hal...@purchasepro.com>
Subject RE: JDBC Connection Pool Theory ??
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2001 15:59:40 GMT
Let me chime in and also say how useful poolman
can be.  It simplifies your JDBC programming too.
It is an open source connection pool utility that
can be installed in minutes (at least the 1.4 version
was).  It can also be used more generally as an
object pool if I recall.

For those who don't know, see http://www.codestudio.com/.

J. Haller

-----Original Message-----
From: Vladimir Grishchenko [mailto:vladgri@hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2001 8:32 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: JDBC Connection Pool Theory ??

"Professional Java server programming " from WROX had a chapter about it, as
far as I remember. I can't call it a "comprehensive study", but it had some
meaningful explanations.

What's wrong with poolman btw? IMHO it is as simple as it gets, your
application doesn't even know it deals with pooled connections. Portable? As
portable as Java itself.

 My philosophy on such things is take it if it's available and concentrate
on your application domain issues and not the plumbing (plumbing in good
sense here...).

--V.