tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jon Shoberg" <jshob...@cbd.net>
Subject RE: JDBC Connection Pool Theory ??
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2001 03:48:59 GMT

One of the issues would be someting that has been crossing the lists
recently.  Few people have posted that poolman is broken under TC4.0.  I'll
have to try it myself and see. However, I like to do my own plumbing :)

Jon

-----Original Message-----
From: Vladimir Grishchenko [mailto:vladgri@hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2001 10:32 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: JDBC Connection Pool Theory ??

"Professional Java server programming " from WROX had a chapter about it, as
far as I remember. I can't call it a "comprehensive study", but it had some
meaningful explanations.

What's wrong with poolman btw? IMHO it is as simple as it gets, your
application doesn't even know it deals with pooled connections. Portable? As
portable as Java itself.

 My philosophy on such things is take it if it's available and concentrate
on your application domain issues and not the plumbing (plumbing in good
sense here...).

--V.