tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Meinolf.Schulte-Doeingh...@Bertelsmann.de
Subject What is the guest role within Tomcat - web.xml?
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2001 14:34:22 GMT
Hi,
I have created a WebApplication with tomcat 3.2
and gave security rights to a directory called 'test'
to a special role admin. Within this directory I want
to create a subdirectory called 'img' that could be
used by everyone.

How do I implement this in the web.xml descriptor?
I tried to do the following, but the role NONE doesn't work
with tomcat. I also tried guest, everyone, default ...

Any suggestions?

Regards
Meinolf

-----------
web.xml

<security-constraint>
<web-resource-collection>
<web-resource-name>/test/*</web-resource-name>
<url-pattern>/test/*</url-pattern>
</web-resource-collection>

<auth-constraint>
<role-name>admin</role-name>
</auth-constraint>
</security-constraint>

<security-constraint>
<web-resource-collection>
<web-resource-name>/test/img/*</web-resource-name>
<url-pattern>/test/img/*</url-pattern>
</web-resource-collection>

<auth-constraint>
<role-name>NONE</role-name>