tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "James, Stuart" <stuart.ja...@cazenove.com>
Subject RE: Worm Attacks
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2001 11:10:18 GMT
If this is the nt event log your talking about,

run "eventvwr" on your machine and have a look at the events being logged,
this should point in the right direction.(and you can change the log size).

-----Original Message-----
From: Cheong Takhoe [mailto:Takhoe@apiit.edu.my]
Sent: Friday, September 21, 2001 10:51 AM
To: 'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: Worm Attacks

Hi folks,

I've got a Tomcat 3.2 running on JDK 1.2.2 on Windows NT 4.0 with SP 5.
As we all know, worms like Code Red and Nimba are running rampant around
networks... probing for holes in IIS.

When I run Tomcat at console mode, I could see the attacks and probes made
by infected servers. Although the server is not infected, the Java on my
Tomcat  would in the end crash and a dialog box would pop up stating
"Application log is full".

Anybody experiencing such a scenario out and knows how to deal with this?
Got to keep the server running. Please help.

regards,
Cheong Takhoe

Email Disclaimer

This communication is for the attention of the
named recipient only and should not be passed
on to any other person. Information relating to
any company or security, is for information
purposes only and should not be interpreted as
a solicitation or offer to buy or sell any security.
The information on which this communication is based
has been obtained from sources we believe to be reliable,
but we do not guarantee its accuracy or completeness.
All expressions of opinion are subject to change
without notice.  All e-mail messages, and associated attachments,
are subject to interception and monitoring for lawful business purposes.