tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: Upcoming Tomcat 4.0 Final Release
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2001 02:37:46 GMT
"Craig R. McClanahan" <craigmcc@apache.org> wrote:

> I've just announced a release plan for Tomcat 4.0 (final release) on the
> Tomcat developer's list.  Assuming it gets approved, you will see a final
> release of Tomcat 4 on or about September 17, 2001.
>
> How can you help?  By downloading the beta-7 release (or, better, a more
> recent nightly build) and banging your applications against it.  Any bugs
> you find should be reported (as soon as possible) to:
>
> http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/
>
> under product category "Tomcat 4", so that they can be addressed before
> the final release.
>
> There are two "release candidate" releases scheduled prior to the final
> release, on September 9 and September 12.  It would be very helpful if
> people would download and test these releases as well, to make sure we
> don't break something while fixing something else.
>
> Thanks for your help!

For fellow folks of the WebApp module development, I'm going to do the same
with our little Apache connector, especially now that we have support for
the iPlanet web server, and Apache 2.0 (last one was a precious week!)...

I still need to fix a couple of issues with the build process, before
decretating martial law on that, but we should be ready to roll a new alpha
release by the end of the week, and then go beta when Tomcat 4.0 goes final.

Thanks to ALL of you who report bugs and hints... Really appreciate it...

    Pier