tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Andy Bailey" <Andy.Bai...@artec-technologies.de>
Subject Suddenly my tomcat installation is broken
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2001 10:52:41 GMT
Hi,

I have had Tomcat 3.2.1 running on my dev system with no problems for
months now.
For some reason it will no longer start. I get the following...

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError:
java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle for base name
org.apache.tomcat.resources.LocalStrings, locale en_US
        at
java.util.ResourceBundle.throwMissingResourceException(ResourceBundle.ja
va:712)
        at
java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundleImpl(ResourceBundle.java:683)
        at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundle(ResourceBundle.java:546)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.StringManager.<init>(StringManager.java:115)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.StringManager.getManager(StringManager.java:260)
        at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.<clinit>(Tomcat.java:24)

Now I have reinstalled from my original installation, same problem. My
classpath has not changed I checked that against backups (it was running
great until
I went to restart it this morning).

There are LocalString properties files as base, for _en and _es which is
as expected in the webserver.jar. The classpath set for tomcat via
startup.bat
contains an %TOMCAT_HOME%\lib\webserver.jar, TOMCAT_HOME is set
correctly (I even set it up explicitly as a system var).

I do not believe this is an OS issue (this is on win2k Advanced Server).

Rebooting my system has had no effect either.

Any help for this mysterious problem would be greatly appreciated.

Andy Bailey