tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Andy Bailey" <Andy.Bai...@artec-technologies.de>
Subject RE: CPU goes to 100%
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2001 14:17:31 GMT
Have you checked the Server to make sure that it isn't something else
that is causing the crawl?

Open Task Manager and check to see which process is eating the CPU, it
might be something else other than Tomcat and your App.

-----Original Message-----
From: Murthy, Anand [mailto:Anand.Murthy@tfn.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2001 4:13 PM
To: 'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: CPU goes to 100%

Hi,

We have a big application using Tomcat v3.2.1 and we are doing alot of
Database connections.  It is running on Windows 2000 server and we are
using
Sun's Java 1.3.  Most of the day the CPU stays at 0%, but for some
reason
every afternoon it goes to 100% and application slows down to a crawl.
At
the end of each jsp file, we do some garbage collection, but it still
does
not seem to help.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you,