tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Matt Pease" <m...@fullscreen.com>
Subject RE: howto mirror a jsp site.. convert ?/= to .do/param1/param2?
Date Sat, 01 Sep 2001 19:19:47 GMT
Hi Pier --

Sorry I guess I wasn't clear...

getting the file with wget works fine..

all I do is:   wget -m fullscreen.com

But, what I get is a bunch of myfile.jsp?param=value
files.

moving this directory into apache doesn't work, b/c
when the user requests the file /myfile.jsp?param=value
apache looks for myfile.jsp, doesn't find it & returns
a 404.

So, I'm wondering, is there some way to rewrite the
param / values so that JSP understands them & so
that apache doesn't attempt to strip them away as
parameters?

I've seen struts apps & other pages use this format:
myfile.jsp;param=value

I know that I can use servlet mapping to do something
like

myfile.do;/pathto/myfile.jsp;param=val;param2=value

& have the servlet servicing myfile.do rewrite the URLs into standard
format.  Perhaps thats what I'll do.

I was just wondering if there is some way to get tomcat to do
this automatically for a webapp.

Thanks again-
Matt

FullScreen