tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Brian Santucci <...@elrickandlavidge.com>
Subject Which version of mod_webapp.so should I use?
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2001 20:39:33 GMT
I have a working environment of RedHat 6.2, Apache 1.3.12, and Tomcat 4.0
beta 7 that is working with the mod_webapp.so that comes precompiled in the
webapp-module-1.0-tc40b7-linux-glibc2.1.tar.gz file.  I have a web
application with servlets and jsps that I can acess and they work fine.

I am trying to get this same application to work in a RedHat 7.1, Apache
1.3.19, Tomcat 4.0 beta 7 environment.  My initial thought was to use the
mod_webapp.so file from the glibc2.2 precompiled binary.  When I use this
module, I get the following error:

Loaded DSO modules/mod_webapp.so uses plain Apach 1.3 API, this module might
crash under EAPI! (please recompile it with -DEAPI)

My next thought was to try the glibc2.1 precompiled binary.  I was able to
start Apache without getting the error message, but when I went to access
the web application I get a page not found error and my apache_log has the
following error in it:

Exception on socket
java.io.IOException: Premature packet header end
at
org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnection.recv(WarpConnection:236)
...(rest of stack trace omitted)

My questions are:
Given the environment I'm working in, which version of mod_webapp.so should
I be using?
Should one of the precompiled binaries work for me?
Do I need to compile my own and, if so, what options do I need to specify to
deal with EAPI?
Is the IOException a bug, or is it a function of how I've configured my
environment?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian Santucci