tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Madeleine Wright <M.Wri...@ru.ac.za>
Subject finding sun.tools.javac.main?
Date Sat, 01 Sep 2001 21:32:14 GMT
PLEASE can someone help. I'm running the JDK1.3 and Tomcat 3.2.3.  All the
examples compile but, when I try to call up a simple JSP page, I get an error
that it can't find sun.tools.javac.Main.  I have C:\JDK1.3\LIB\TOOLS.JAR in
BOTH the classpath and in the path (for Win 98) set in the autoexec.bat.  I
hunted down the 'offending' call and found this in SunJavaCompiler.java:

import sun.tools.javac.Main;

/**
 * The default compiler. This is the javac present in JDK 1.1.x and
 * JDK 1.2.
 *
 * At some point we need to make sure there is a class like this for
 * JDK 1.3, and other javac-like animals that people want to use.
 *
 * @author Anil K. Vijendran

Is this the problem?  Surely it's in tools.jar?  So why can't Tomcat find it?

I'm STUCK!! Someone out there help, please.

Madeleine Wright