tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Reynir Hübner <rey...@hugsmidjan.is>
Subject RE: Tag Libs And Model 2
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2001 22:09:17 GMT
I would say tags can fit perfectly into your architecture, but it
dependes on what functionality the tags should deliver.

What kind of tags are you thinking of using ?

in short, (I dont know if this will get throug understandably), Tags can
be used in many different purpose.
Tags that access Database and get you some data for the page are not
good for your functionality.
Tags that access the JavaBeans that your controler servlets populate
(the one u mention), and are only used to render content into the page
can be VERY usefull.
My point is this, all buisness logic that does not fit into other parts
of the model, should stay in the Controler servlets, and presentation
logic should stay in JSP pages.

hope it helps,
regards,

Reynir Þór Hübner