tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Reynir Hubener" <rey...@hugsmidjan.is>
Subject RE: Help needed in accessing JBoss with TomCat 4
Date Sat, 22 Sep 2001 09:50:05 GMT
I think read somewhere on the jboss-user mailinlist that a bundled
release of jboss 2.4 and Tomcat 4 will be released in a 2-3 days..

-r

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Bruser [mailto:tom@web2go.com]
Sent: 21. september 2001 22:02
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Help needed in accessing JBoss with TomCat 4

I am a new TomCat user and have recently decided to migrate from Orion.

I have searched at length but have been unable to find the right
resource.
I need to get my JSP's, Servlets, and custom tags to talk to EJB's that
are
alive in my JBoss installation.  I've been able to successfully connect
via
a stand-alone application utilizing a jndi.properties file which
contains
the following:

java.naming.factory.initial=org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory
java.naming.provider.url=localhost:1099
java.naming.factory.url.pkgs=org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces

I've attempted to place this file in various places in my TomCat
installation yet I still receive the following exception when
attempting to
execute my JSP version of the previous stand-alone test application:

Root Cause:

javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name
com.americanrewardsclub.ejb.Sample
is not bound in this Context

If someone can give me an indication as to where I can configure TomCat
4.0
to use JBoss in this way (I cannot halt my development until JBoss make
seamless integration and have had to migrate from Orion due to bugs
which
have become development stoppers) I would greatly appreciate the help.

Tom Bruser
Web2Go Corporation