tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Reynir Hubener" <rey...@hugsmidjan.is>
Subject RE: JDBC Connection Pool Theory ??
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2001 11:22:15 GMT
try using the bitmechanics pool, it´s great...we have never had any
problems, we are both using it with tomcat 3 and tomcat 4...
-r

-----Original Message-----
From: Gustavo Saramago [mailto:wesak@ig.com.br]
Sent: 21. september 2001 11:24
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: JDBC Connection Pool Theory ??

It's hard to imagine a real world application without database access.
The
JDBC spec delegate the responsability for connection pool implementation
th JDBC driver vendor. This result in proprietary implementations of
pools
that reduce code portability.

General solutions like Poolman are good choices. It's a light piece of
code
as Jon said, but I have saw people having problems using it with Tomcat.
Our
lives would be mutch easier if the JDBC spec had defined a standard
connection pool.

Why Tomcat do not implement a connection pool? Nothing aganist Poolman,
but
standards are welcome.