tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "PHAM,TAM (HP-Vancouver,ex1)" <tam_t_p...@hp.com>
Subject RE: Loggin out using JDBC realms
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2001 16:23:21 GMT
Taavi:

Thanks for your help. :)  I will implement your suggestions.

Tam

-----Original Message-----
From: Taavi Tiirik [mailto:ttaavi@ibs.ee]
Sent: Saturday, September 01, 2001 1:18 AM
To: 'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: RE: Loggin out using JDBC realms

On Fri, 31 Aug 2001, PHAM,TAM (HP-Vancouver,ex1) wrote:
> Regarding logging out of JDBC realms.  This does not seem ideal if I
> have to explicitly call session.invalidate() when the user logs out.

Tam,

You can use javascript to fire session.invalidate() in case the
user closes browser window (ie. does not use you log-out link).

And regarding automatic expiration after given period of time
you should be able to put following in your web.xml:

<session-config>
  <session-timeout>30</session-timeout> <!-- timeout in minutes -->
</session-config>

If you want to run your own code in case of automatic session
expiration then I hope this article helps:
http://w6.metronet.com/~wjm/tomcat/2001/Jan/msg00703.html

with best wishes,
Taavi