tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "PHAM,TAM (HP-Vancouver,ex1)" <>
Subject RE: Loggin out using JDBC realms
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2001 16:23:21 GMT

Thanks for your help. :)  I will implement your suggestions.

-----Original Message-----
From: Taavi Tiirik []
Sent: Saturday, September 01, 2001 1:18 AM
To: ''
Subject: RE: Loggin out using JDBC realms

On Fri, 31 Aug 2001, PHAM,TAM (HP-Vancouver,ex1) wrote:
> Regarding logging out of JDBC realms.  This does not seem ideal if I
> have to explicitly call session.invalidate() when the user logs out.

You can use javascript to fire session.invalidate() in case the
user closes browser window (ie. does not use you log-out link).

And regarding automatic expiration after given period of time
you should be able to put following in your web.xml:

  <session-timeout>30</session-timeout> <!-- timeout in minutes -->

If you want to run your own code in case of automatic session
expiration then I hope this article helps:

with best wishes,

View raw message