tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Larry Isaacs <Larry.Isa...@sas.com>
Subject RE: mod_jk and URL mapping problem?
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2001 12:54:25 GMT
Hi Paul,

I assume you are using a version of Tomcat 3.2.x.
If you are willing to give Tomcat 3.3 a try, Tomcat 3.3b2
has support for virtual host aliases. The syntax is:

<server>
    <host name="www.domain.org" address="217.158.17.27:80" >
        <alias name="domain.org" />
        <alias name="www.domain.org" />
        <alias name="domain.com" />
        <alias name="www.domain.com" />
        <Context path="" docBase="/home/user/public_html"
            debug="0"/>
    </host>
</server>

You do not need to put this in your server.xml.  Put it in a
file whose name begins with "apps-" and has an ".xml" extension,
such as "apps-vhosts.xml".

Starting with 3.3b2, you must start Tomcat with a "jkconf"
option to have the auto-generated config files written.
This will initialize Tomcat, write the config files, and
exit.  This may be done while Tomcat is already running as
as server.  This change deals with the issue of having Tomcat
and Apache as services, and Tomcat rewriting the config file
while Apache tries to read it.

There are numerous other improvements, many of which are
documented in the updated tomcat-ug.html. An on-line
version is at:

<http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-3.3-doc/tomcat-ug.html>

Unfortunately the mod_jk-howto.html has not yet been updated
with information about this feature.

Cheers,
Larry