tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Steve Preda <SPr...@actonb.com>
Subject Windows 2000 - JVM_Bind
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2001 19:04:59 GMT
I've reviewed several threads that deal with the JVM_Bind exception
experienced at tomcat launch on Windows 2000 servers.  I have tried
modifying the port in server.xml, stopping services that might impact tomcat
(e.g., IIS), and various re-boot configurations.  Tomcat consistently hangs
on PoolTcpConnector: Starting HttpConnectionHandler and throws the JVM_Bind
exception "Address in use:" regardless of whether or not the port is in fact
in use.  Any and all ideas appreciated.

FYI...  It's Windows 2000 Service Pack 2.  Additional services/programs
running include Apache, MS IIS, Cold Fusion, and SqlServer 7.

Thanks!