tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim O'Neil <ton...@xythos.com>
Subject Re: JDBC Realms
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2001 21:58:46 GMT
Its a group (or a set) of configuration data controlled
by your jdbc driver), its extended from an actual "Realm"
class, and it sets up a few tables in your data source to
hold data for a particular class of objects; for instance,
say you are doing some kind of session-based service- you
could set up a "UserRealm", your security for this service
could a "SecurityRealm", your beans could be kept track of
in a "BeanRealm", etc. Its just a way to group a particular
bunch of properties together.