tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Hoggatt Matt - mahogg <Matt.Hogg...@acxiom.com>
Subject RE: Question on restarting Tomcat service
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2001 21:37:03 GMT
Yes, you need that file!  When NT tries to start that it runs the following
command:

C:\path\jk_nt_service.exe Jakarta

Just put that back where it was and you're problem should be solved.  If you
want to change the path, you will probably have to delete the service and
create a new one.  That's just speculation. . .

-Matt

-----Original Message-----
From: Ivy Chen [mailto:ivy.chen@essential-logic.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2001 12:38 PM
To: 'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: Question on restarting Tomcat service

Hi,

I have successfully configured Tomcat 3.2.3 to run as a service on my NT
machine. I copied jk_nt_service.exe to my local directory:
C:\Project\Tomcat\win32\i386 and executed the file from the same directory.
My question is:

I stopped Tomcat service from running then deleted the
C:\Project\Tomcat\win32 folder and all of its contents. I tried to restart
Tomcat service again without this win32\i386\jk_nt_service.exe file and it
failed. I got the following error message: Error 3 The system cannot find
the path specified. Is it because the win32\i386 folder was deleted? Do I
need the folder (jk_nt_service.exe) to be there all the time? Any
suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you for your help.

Ivy Chen