tomcat-users mailing list archives

From William Hovingh <whovi...@whis.net>
Subject Probable FAQ entry: Is Tomcat4+mod_webapp+Apache-1.3.xx ready for prime time?
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2001 15:18:56 GMT
My sysadmin and I are in the process of building a new web/app server to
replace our existing installation.  It seems an opportune time to make
the move upward in API and app server (i.e., to move from Tomcat3.2 to
Catalina, hence moving to the recently released servlet and JSP specs).

However, my sysadmin had some difficulty building mod_webapp, and did
not find a lot of documentation of the build process out there.  She has
consequently asked me if I'm *sure* I want to use Catalina+mod_webapp
with our Apache, "Since," as she says, "it's so new."

So, is it ready?  I'm pretty confident from what I've read that Catalina
itself is stable, tested, and ready.  I'm a little unsure about
mod_webapp and the Warp connector.  Pier, Henri, others: how "ready" are
they?  Pier especially: is mod_webapp final, stable, or still beta?

(I *don't* mean these questions to sound critical of *anyone's* work
here.  I just need a little more data before I go back to my sysadmin
with a recommendation.)