tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Cassidy <dcass...@hotgen.com>
Subject Re: fixing the Https, Http problem
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2001 15:03:53 GMT
> > like https://mypage.com:8443/ however when someone deletes the port
> number
> > and the s from https they get access to the page over an unsecure
> > connection.

So what you are saying is
when someone changes

https://mypage.com:8443/

http://mypage.com/

Err it's an insecure request now ....
No ssl / https in sight....

If you meant that you would like it so that
when someone changes

https://mypage.com:8443/
https://mypage.com/

it was still secure - then you need to change tomcat to listen
on port 443 rather than 8443 for it's secure connections.

David...

Read the http/https specs for more info