tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "TAKAHASHI Hideo(BSD-M1G)" <hide...@bisd.hitachi.co.jp>
Subject Can't build TC4 final without the optionals
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2001 02:17:01 GMT
Hi.

I am trying to build TC4 final release on Win2K from the source.
I want to build it *without* everything that is marked optional, Tyrex
and JUnit stuff.

I was able to build it that way up till RC2. Now ant ends with an error
complaining the absence of the jars.

I'm sure someone has ran into this problem but I couldn't find any mail
related to this.  I see some people in the tomcat-dev list talking about
the build frustration but that was all I found.

Have I missed something? Has there been some aid for this?

/*
I was surprised about the new jars that were introduced between RC2 and
final. JDBC extensions, JTA, LDAP suddenly came into place.  How can
such a big change take place is such short time??  I suppose things that
had been developed aside were incorporated in the last minutes..
*/

regards,

--
Hideo Takahashi
Business Solutions Division, Hitachi Ltd.