tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Steve Heller" <shel...@uwsa.edu>
Subject Tomcat startup problem
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2001 20:56:09 GMT
I recently upgraded my PC from Windows 95 to Windows 2000.  A Tomcat
server and an application were working on the Win95 PC.  After upgrading
to Win2000, I installed the jdk, copied the jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1
directories and files to the PC and set up environmental variables.  I
am getting this error message when trying to start Tomcat under Win2000.

"Cannot find the file '-Dtomcat.home=c:\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1' (or one of
its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that
all required libraries are available."

The line being executed at error time is in Tomcat.bat in section
:startServer.
%_STARTJAVA% %TOMCAT_OPTS% -Dtomcat.home="%TOMCAT_HOME%"
org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9

I looked through the Tomcat user and developer mail lists and could not
find a similar problem.  I've also checked the environmental variables
for classpath, tomcat_home, java_home and they all seem to be fine.

Does anyone know what is causing this error and/or a solution?

Thanks for your help.

Steve