tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Raymond Reid <rtr2...@ritvax.isc.rit.edu>
Subject Can I configure Tomcat to accept HTTP requests from remote machines?
Date Thu, 13 Sep 2001 14:16:10 GMT
Can I configure Tomcat to accept http requests from remote IP addresses
without running another web server at the same time? I
currently have Tomcat 3.2.3 installed on NT 4.0 Service pack 6.  After
configuring Tomcat, I can enter http://localhost8080
into the location field in my browser and see the welcome page.  But
when I try to access the same page from a
different computer using the IP address of the machine I have Tomcat
running on, the page won't come up.

Do I need to be running Apache with Tomcat to access pages remotely?  If
someone could please point me in the right
direction, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Ray