tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pete and/or Dale <pete&d...@telus.net>
Subject Re: why tomcat
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2001 21:22:13 GMT
J2EE is a specification, not an actual product. Tomcat is the
implementation of part of that spec (Servlet/JSP) whereas the  BEA
 WebLogic server is an  implementation of the full (ish) specification.
 Quick answer: you do not need tomcat or the J2EE reference
implementation if you have WebLogic (although many on this list would
probably argue that you should dump the BEA stuff instead....)

cheers.

pete.