tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Calvin Lau <ali...@uclink4.berkeley.edu>
Subject Re: Tomcat 4.0b7 -> JSP Examples dont work
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2001 01:56:55 GMT
Good call Mark...I have a servlet.jar in JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext as well as in an old installation
of Tomcat.  I removed
the servlet.jar under JAVA_HOME, and the JSPs work now.  I'm very new to all this (Java development,
classpaths, etc).
>From what I understand, Tomcat4.0 will automatically include everything in CATALINA_HOME
(or is it only certain
libs...what's the difference between common/lib and lib?) and JAVA_HOME, and everything else
I use, I need to add to my
system classpath.  Is this correct?  So files in an old installation of Tomcat ( ie. c:\tomcat_old
) won't affect
anything right?

Likewise, everything else I use can either be added into CATALINA_HOME into one of the libs
or referenced in the system
classpath.  Thanks in advance.

Calvin