tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Calvin Lau <ali...@uclink4.berkeley.edu>
Subject Tomcat 4.0b7 -> JSP Examples dont work
Date Mon, 03 Sep 2001 20:49:31 GMT
I can't seem to get Tomcat4.0 running properly.  The Servlet examplse work
fine but not the JSPs.

I get:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for
JSPnullC:\dev\jakarta-tomcat-4.0-b7\work\localhost\examples\jsp\dates\_0002fjsp_0002fdates_0002fdate_jsp.java:167:
Incompatible type for method. Explicit cast needed to convert
java.lang.Throwable to java.lang.Exception.
            if (pageContext != null) pageContext.handlePageException(t);
                                                                     ^
1 error

I didn't move anything around.  I just installed it and the Servlet examples
work fine but not the JSPs.

Anyone else have this problem or know why?