tomcat-users mailing list archives

From pete <>
Subject Re: Segmentation Fault when modifying classpath?!
Date Mon, 03 Sep 2001 10:36:38 GMT
Yeah using -classic works too, but you're much better off using IBM's
JVM in that case.

I believe the root cause is the fact that Sun make some assumptions
(perhaps true for Solaris) with regard to the minimum available stack
size for a process, which are not necessarily true under other unices.

This is definitely a JVM bug, and the 'ulimit s 2048' fix is suggested
somewhere on the Sun site. Finding it again would be a pain in the ass,
but you might get results searching for 'ulimit' or something.

>I did, however, run across a post detailing a problem similar to mine.  The
>suggested solution was to set the TOMCAT_OPTS environment variable
>to -classic.  After setting this environment variable, everything ran
>nicely.  If anyone can give me any more detail on either solution, that
>would be great.  I hate to implement a fix but not know the root cause.
>Pete, your explanation seems plausable.  I'd be interested in knowing if
>this is a known JVM bug or a Xerces bug?

View raw message