tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Enrique Marcote Peña <mpqui...@wanadoo.es>
Subject Tomcat can't open my bd.properties file
Date Sat, 01 Sep 2001 10:13:07 GMT
Hi:

I have Tomcat 3.2.2 running over Debian Potato and I'm trying to install
a simple JSP application with database access.

I've got a connection pool that works fine when I run it directly with
java. In the root of my classes directory I have a couple of files, a
log file called "ServidorConexiones.log" and the properties file
"bd.properties".

classes/ServidorConexiones.log
classes/bd.properties.log
classes/com/ishop/sql/ServidorConexiones.class
classes/com/ishop/sql/PoolConexiones.class

The source file for the Connection manager is

sources/com/ishop/sql/ServidorConexiones.java

And reads the bd.properties with these sentences...

public class ServidorConexiones {

    /**
     * <p>Nombre del fichero de propiedades empleado para la definición
de los
     * pools.
     */
    static private String properties = "bd.properties";

...MORE CODE HERE...

    /**
     * <p>Constructor privado que inicializa el servidor y todos sus
pools
     * asociados.  Definiendo el constructor como privado se garantiza
el
     * comportamiento Singleton de la clase.  Las demás clases deberán
     * acceder a la instacia del servidor a través del método
     * <code>getInstance</code>.
     */
    private ServidorConexiones() {
        Properties prop = new Properties();
        try {
            prop.load(new FileInputStream(properties));
        } catch (Exception e) {
            System.err.println("Error opening " +  properties + " file:
" + e);
            return;
        }

...CONTINUES...

As I said before, when I run my test applications from de classes
directory directly with java it works fine.  Then, for testing with JSP,
I copy the classes directory to:

jakarta-home/webbapps/isHOP/WEB-INF

After restarting Tomcat, my JSP test application fail opening the
bd.properties file:

Error opening bd.properties file: java.io.FileNotFoundException:
bd.properties (No such file or directory)

What should I do to make this file available for Tomcat?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks,

        Quique