tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Paul Downs <>
Subject mod_jk and URL mapping problem?
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2001 12:06:11 GMT
  Greetings all, first post to this list from a Tomcat newbie(ish).  I have
been setting up tomcat, using mod_jk on Linux, on quite a few machines and
have this problem:

   Each virtual host has quite a few different domains in ServerAliases

        DocumentRoot /home/user/public_html
        ErrorDocument 404 /404.html
        ErrorDocument 403 /403.html
        JkMount /*.jsp ajp13
        JkMount /servlet/* ajp13

   And in server.xml I have this entry:

        <Host name="">
          <Context path="" docBase="/home/user/public_html" debug="0"/>
   Amongst others....

   My problem is that jsp/servlets is not parsed/accepted for domains/urls
that are not mentioned in the Host entry.  I end up having to have multiple
entries for each entry in ServerAlias'.  So the question is, am I being
   The reason this is a bugbear is some jsp sites have loads of entries in
ServerAlias and keeping track of them is awkward and makes the config file
rather long!

Thanks,  hope to be able to contribute some answers myself soon!

View raw message