tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Joe Sutherland (UKI)" <...@ukinternet.co.uk>
Subject RE: COMPAQ V300
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2001 13:56:44 GMT
Hi Randy,

Ta again for the email.

Its a 'default' install, nothing changed on the threads, just setup Linux
from the CD's, the usual config/path changes, then it hangs - doing nothing
different with the V300 than I did on the Compaq (or should I now say HP)
Deskpro and Toshiba.

I've now got the V300 setup with 6.2 and I'll try 7.1 on another V300 later
and test the 'Hello World' java test (hav'nt done this for many a year!).

Likewise, we have assorted NT/2000/Linux development environments here, were
just dipping our 'toes' into the JSP environment to migrate all the smallish
client sites we 'host' across from IIS/ASP onto Tomcat/JSP, before migrating
our larger products/clients - leaving those MS n-tier apps/products where
our clients do their own hosting. Also, starting a couple of projects to
re-write existing client/server apps as 'intranet' based solutions. Just
taking a different approach and finding it easier in the JSP 'world' and
less code intensive (also easier to bebug - with less of the little devils!)
than MS.

I'll email with success or otherwise later of my venture into the realms of
'Hello World'.

Many thanks

Joe Sutherland