tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Matt Small <msm...@Clickability.com>
Subject RE: Two contexts sharing one WebApp
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2001 22:11:24 GMT
Ok, so I extended WebXmlReader and added the functionality I need and
compiled it. I added the class to /tomcat/classes/. I updated my modules.xml
and server.xml to use my new CustWebXmlReader. I think everything is set up
right.

When I start Tomcat I get A class not found Exception though:

	E:\scripts>ERROR reading E:\jakarta-tomcat-3.3-b2\conf\server.xml
	At Line 28 /Server/ContextManager/CustWebXmlReader/ validate=true

	java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.tomcat.facade.CustWebXmlReader
	        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native
Method)

According to the user docs, if you make a classes dir: "Any class that you
add to this directory will find its place in Tomcat's classpath." Am I doing
something wrong here. I would prefer not to have to re-jar all of the tomcat
classes.

Thanks

Matt