tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "C. Schlegelmilch" <c_schlegelmi...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat consistently crashes Win2000 Server operating system
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2001 15:36:21 GMT
We had this problem with the computer labs at the
university.  We had the network admin check out the
error message and he was stumped.  Best guess was a
memory protection issue.

A few things we did helped reduce the frequency of
these system crashes but nothing full-proof.  Turning
off any personal firewall and antivirus software was
just the ticket for most of the machines.  As well, we
noticed that there was some sort of conflict between
Tomcat and the win2k web services.  We turned them off
and that helped a bit.

One odd thing.  If you "prime" your server by making
the first request to your web app from another node on
your network, any other successive request to
localhost:8080 on your server machine will work
without taking out your system.  Go figure...

 --- Gregory Baytler <gbaytler@home.com> wrote: > I
had jdk1.3.1 installed on my win2000 server.