tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "C. Schlegelmilch" <c_schlegelmi...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: JDBC Connection Pool Theory ??
Date Sat, 22 Sep 2001 06:20:01 GMT
A pool of a fixed number of connections is generally
initialized right at startup of the web application.
>From then on in, when a user of a wep app requires a
connection, it pulls it away form the pool and returns
it when its done.  Because all users of a web app
effectively share all of the connections of a pool,
there is never one connection reserved for one user.
Its generally a better use of resources not to.

But now that I think of it, there is nothing stopping
you from assigning a user to a connection in a pool.
That would require some interesting design work to
make it slick, but its possible.

While this may not solve your current issue, give this
a try:

http://www.webdevelopersjournal.com/columns/connection_pool.html

The code looks very similar to some of the class
solutions.

I've been looking at some pooling examples and I