tomcat-users mailing list archives

From g...@stinky.com (Alex Chaffee)
Subject [FAQ] jGuru FAQ Update
Date Sat, 22 Sep 2001 00:22:22 GMT
jGuru maintains FAQs and Forums on Servlets, JSP, and Tomcat (as well as
many other Java topics).  Here is an automated update on recent postings to
Tomcat-related FAQs.  Please direct flames and feedback to alex@jguru.com .

 - Alex

need it? get it. tools, code and tutorials for open-standards based development.

Stay informed with dW's weekly email newsletter
http://www.jguru.com/misc/register_devworks.jsp?src=notify

Hi.  You asked to be notified weekly when certain jGuru.com items get new entries.

You can shut email notification off at the FAQ home
page(s) or:

  http://www.jguru.com/guru/notifyprefs.jsp

++ JavaServer Pages (JSP) FAQ: http://www.jguru.com/faq/JSP

Why do I get the error "IllegalStateException"
when using the RequestDispatcher?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=501393

Using jsp:forward on Tomcat, why do I get the error
<tt>java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
 at javax.servlet.http.HttpUtils.parseName(HttpUtils.java:285)</tt> ?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=500043

How do I load an applet from a servlet or JSP? Where do I place my applet class files?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=499425

I am using a JSP page to submit data for insert into a database.<br>If the refresh button
(in the browser IE5) is clicked, the data is resent and inserted into the database again.<p>How
can this be prevented?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=497628

How can I prevent user from viewing a page that he already passed.
i.e I have a form that contains some textboxes to fill some info..after submited the form
it will redirect to another page. I need to prevent user to view the page again by pressing
back botton.
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=497557

++ Servlets FAQ: http://www.jguru.com/faq/Servlets

Why do I get the error "IllegalStateException"
when using the RequestDispatcher?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=501393

How do I get a session object to perform a task before it is invalidated?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=500657

How do I use servlets to return dynamically generated PDF documents?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=500656

How do I pass params like -D to the JServ JVM?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=500047

How do I load an applet from a servlet or JSP? Where do I place my applet class files?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=499425

Can anyone tell me the advantages and disadvantages between Tomcat, JRun, and JServ for Apache
Web Server?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=497500

How can I implement returning part of a large (1000+ rows) result set to the client?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=497499

What is the best way to store a large object, such as a result set, across requests, but only
for a short term, say for using the result set for printing for instance?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=497495

How do I load a file from inside a WAR file?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=497268

++ Tomcat FAQ: http://www.jguru.com/faq/Tomcat

Why do I get the error "IllegalStateException"
when using the RequestDispatcher?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=501393

Using jsp:forward on Tomcat, why do I get the error
<tt>java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
 at javax.servlet.http.HttpUtils.parseName(HttpUtils.java:285)</tt> ?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=500043

Why can't my webapp find classes in the WEB-INF/classes directory?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=500007

How can I authenticate the user from a database?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=500002

Is it possible in Tomcat to allow running all servlets from a directory without configuring
each one in web.xml ?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=499441

How do I load an applet from a servlet or JSP? Where do I place my applet class files?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=499425

Does Tomcat support JMS (Java Messaging Service)?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=499412

Can anyone tell me the advantages and disadvantages between Tomcat, JRun, and JServ for Apache
Web Server?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=497500

How can I redirect JSP requests from an IIS server on one machine to the Tomcat server on
another machine?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=497282