tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "C. Schlegelmilch" <c_schlegelmi...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: JDBC Connection Pool Theory ??
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2001 16:15:18 GMT
We had our web development class develop their own
software for connection pooling.  These are extremely
simple soluitons but they work quite well for the
small to medium traffic they are likely to get.

They are using "Professional Java Server Programming"
as a reference and it has some interesting sections on
Connection Pooling.  This is good if you're only
running a simple application.  It was also noted that
this resource did not address any synchronization
issues which is very important (the last thing you
want is two seperate threads getting a reference to
the next free connection at the same time).  This is
really the only big gottcha that we found in a simple
implementation.