tomcat-users mailing list archives

From song yantao <aki...@efesco.com>
Subject Re: Re: Help, My Tomcat always down everyday!
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
>On Thu, 20 Sep 2001 17:53:42 +0800
>akilus <akilus@efesco.com> wrote:

Thanks for your help, I used JDK1.3.1 and JDK1.3.0, the two JDKs have the same problem.
I will try JDK1.2.2 now, and see whether it have this problem or not.
If JDK1.2.2 is the same for me, maybe the tomcat have some problem with JDK.
But I dont want to use IBM JVM now, because I'm not familiar with them, and I don't know whether
I need to modify my jsp program or not if I change to IBM JVM, because our program utilize
some functions of JDK and other packages from SUN.

>> Thanks for your reply, but I use JSDK1.3.0.04, not 1.3.1, and do you found the same
problem of my JVM?

>Not tried it, sorry.
>
>> Such like this, when I restart tomcat, JAVA occupy 14M memory, after some times,
JAVA occupy 23M or more Memory, do you have this problem? The memory of JAVA increased by
time!!!

>This is normal.  By default the JVM will use up 64M without releasing memory back to the
OS.  You can set the maximum and minimum amount of memory the JVM uses uses command line parameters
to the java command (see the documentation for the 'java' command)