tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Derek Doerr <ddo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Tomcat 3.2.3 - Missing ResourceBundle problem
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2001 00:55:00 GMT
Hi,

I have an app that runs just fine on three different
development machines, making use of a ResourceBundle
(spans.ansGW), in the /WEB-INF/classes directory.
We're adding a new developer & have setup his machine
to exactly match the directory structure & environment
variables of the other three machines (two running
Win2000, the third Solaris).

Deployment from CVS to local working directory, & from
there to Tomcat, is handled via ANT build files that
are identical across the Win2K machines & therefore
everything is done in a very consistent manner.

Every time we try to bring up the app on the new
machine, it throws a MissingResourceException.  This
only happens on the new machine.  We've made sure that
we manually put the /WEB-INF/classes directory for the
app directly into the classpath to work around what
appears to be a bug in 3.2.3 & have also tried putting
the .properties file into other directories that are
also in the classpath.  No luck.

Any thoughts on a potential issue?

Help!!!!

=====