tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kevin HaleBoyes <kcbo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Repost: taglib and rtexprvalue problem/bug
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2001 17:55:01 GMT
I posted this the other day but no one responded.
I've since moved from Tomcat 4.0-b7 to 4.0-rc1 and the
problem still exists so I thought I would try again...

I have one jsp that <jsp:include>'s another and augments the
request parameters using <jsp:param>.  The included jsp uses a
taglib tag with the <rtexprvalue> attribute set to true.

The problem is I keep getting the following exception when I use
an expression in the attribute field:

    org.apache.jasper.compiler.ParseException:
            /WEB-INF/jsp/od.jsp(12,53) Attribute from has no value

Here is the taglib.tld excerpt:

    <!DOCTYPE taglib
       PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD JSP Tag Library 1.1//EN"
       "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-jsptaglibrary_1_1.dtd">

    <tag>
     <name>orderDetail</name>
     <tagclass>taglib.orddet.OrderDetailsTag</tagclass>
     <bodycontent>JSP</bodycontent>
     <info></info>

     <attribute>
      <name>from</name>
      <required>true</required>
      <rtexprvalue>true</rtexprvalue>
     </attribute>
    </tag>

The outer jsp file is simple:

     <jsp:include page="/WEB-INF/jsp/od.jsp">
       <jsp:param name="from" value="p:D"/>
     </jsp:include>

And the included jsp file isn't much more complicated:

    <%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/tlds/taglib.tld" prefix="opf" %>

    <pre>od.jsp<br />
    <%= request.getParameter("from") %></pre>

    <opf:orderDetail from="<%= request.getParameter("from") %>">
      PO Number:<opf:orderAttr attribute="ponumber"/>
    </opf:orderDetail>

If I use the included file as shown then I get the
'Attribute from has no value' Parse exception.  If I replace the
<opf:orderDetail> line to a static string
<opf:orderDetail from="p:D">
then the file gets included just fine __and__ the
getParameter() call
at the top shows that the parameter is, in fact, set.

I really don't understand what I'm doing wrong and would appreciate
any help.  This is Tomcat 4.0-rc1 on Linux RedHat 7.1.

Kevin HaleBoyes