tomcat-users mailing list archives

From atif umar <gregarious00...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Re: how to connect tomcat with apache running on different m/c
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2001 07:47:32 GMT
dear scott
 thanks for giving me the direction to work on i have
been able to run them on separate m/c 's
i am including the workers.properties files for u to
have a look at
( just the changed part )

#
# workers.tomcat_home should point to the location
where you
# installed tomcat. This is where you have your conf,
webapps and lib
# directories.
#
workers.tomcat_home=f:\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.3

#
# workers.java_home should point to your Java
installation. Normally
# you should have a bin and lib directories beneath
it.
#
workers.java_home=e:\jdk1.3

---------

#
# Defining a worker named ajp12 and of type ajp12
# Note that the name and the type do not have to
match.
#
worker.ajp12.port=8007
worker.ajp12.host=10.5.3.124   (ip of tomcat m/c )
worker.ajp12.type=ajp12
#
# Specifies the load balance factor when used with
# a load balancing worker.
# Note:
#  ----> lbfactor must be > 0
#  ----> Low lbfactor means less work done by the
worker.
worker.ajp12.lbfactor=1

#
#------ DEFAULT ajp13 WORKER DEFINITION
------------------------------
#---------------------------------------------------------------------
#

#
# Defining a worker named ajp13 and of type ajp13
# Note that the name and the type do not have to
match.
#
worker.ajp13.port=8009
worker.ajp13.host=10.5.3.124   ( ip of tomcat m/c)
worker.ajp13.type=ajp13
#
----------------------

as far as server.xml is concerned  i havent made any
change specific for this .
thanks once again
Atif

 --- Scott Jones <scott@on-sitemanager.com> wrote: >
Hi Atif,

> Yeah, it's very confusing because 99% of people run
> tomcat and apache on
> the same machines so worker.properties is included
> along with tomcat.
> The copy of it that you have on your "tomcat
> machine" will not do
> anything.
>
> > i have been able to connect the two
>
> How are you sure?
>
> > but the html/gif pages are served properly
>
> Where do you have those?  Are they on the apache
> machine or the tomcat
> machine (they should be on the apache machine).
>
> Just make sure that your tomcat machine has a
> correct server.xml file
> (with connector(s) on the ports that your worker(s)
> on the apache
> machine will try to use).  If you send copies of
> your worker.properties,
> server.xml, and httpd.conf, I'll be able to help you
> a little bit more.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Scott
>
> On 07 Sep 2001 08:02:15 +0100, atif umar wrote:
> > hi,
> >    thanks for mailing but i didnt fully understand
> > what u meant do i have to set workers.properties
> file
> > on the m/c wehich has apoache runnig on it bcos
> > workers.properties file actualy is in the
> > /tomcat/conf directory
> > i have been able to connect the two but still
> whenever
> > i try to call a servlet/jsp from apache which is
> > placed in the
> > /tomcat/examples
> > then i get this error
> >
> > Internal Server Error
> > The server encountered an internal error or
> > misconfiguration and was unable to complete your
> > request.
> > Please contact the server administrator,
> > admin@sharda.mahindrabt.com and inform them of the
> > time the error occurred, and anything you might
> have
> > done that may have caused the error.
> >
> > More information about this error may be available
> in
> > the server error log.
> >

> > Apache/1.3.20 Server at localhost Port 80
> >
> > but the html/gif pages are served properly
> > kindly suggest what to do now ?
> > thanks
> >

> > --- Scott Jones <scott@on-sitemanager.com> wrote:
> >
> > You need to set up server.xml on the machine that
> > > will be running tomcat
> > > so that it'll be listening on whatever port.
> For
> > > example:
> > >
> > > <Connector

className="org.apache.tomcat.service.PoolTcpConnector">
> > >   <Parameter name="handler"

value="org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp13ConnectionHandler"/\>

=== message truncated ===