tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <>
Subject RE: Logging
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2001 15:52:18 GMT

On Tue, 4 Sep 2001 wrote:

> Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 09:05:59 -0500
> Subject: RE: Logging
> 		Hi Craig,
> 		I have heard that we can set up Tomcat to run as IIS
> inprocess to get IIS to log requests being directed to Tomcat (with all the
> stats).  Have you heard of this?  If so, could you tell me where to get
> info?  Thanks, BB.

Yes, this is true for Tomcat 3.x now (and Tomcat 4.0 later).  Use the
mod_jk web connector, which is documented in the documentation that
is shipped with Tomcat.

By the way, Tomcat 4 stand-alone generates access log files in the same
format that web servers do, so if the *only* reason you are integrating
with IIS is to get the logs, you don't really have to.

View raw message