tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Barney Hamish <Hamish.Bar...@ect-telecoms.de>
Subject RE: Tomcat crashes after some requests
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2001 16:53:08 GMT
I had a similar problem but it was due to the ODBC:JDBC bridge. As has been
pointed out numerous times on the list the ODBC:JDBC bridge is not
production ready. I replaced it with a production quality driver and it
hasn't crashed since.
It's worth a try.
Hamish

-----Original Message-----
From: Wesley E. Ribeiro [mailto:wesleyer@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, September 28, 2001 3:16 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Tomcat crashes after some requests

Hi !

We are using Tomcat 3.2.1 (stand-alone) in our
project, and after some number of requests (this
number is variable, but usually low, like 50 or so),
Tomcat just crashes. There seems to be no useful
information about the crash in the logs, and we could
not identify a page (or sequence of pages), which
could reproduce the crash. Also, when most crashes
happen there is just one client browser accessing
Tomcat.

We are using WinNT 4.0, and Tomcat is being used as a
NT service (created using the jk_nt_service utility).
The JVM used is the one in the JDK1.3.1.
The code in the jsp pages access Oracle and MS-Access
databases (Oracle's JDBC driver and the JDBC-ODBC
driver for Access), and the pages contents are very
common: some tables, a few applets.

I know this is little to work with, but any help is
appreciated.
Thanks,

Wesley