tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Claudia Sarmiento <csarmie...@globalstar.com.pe>
Subject Developing Aplication with Tomcat
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2001 15:54:32 GMT
Hello:

I'm working with Tomcat 3.2.1 right now,
i want to put a new application into Tomcat,
for that i did the following steps:
Edit $TOMCAT_HOME/conf/server.xml and add a new context element like that:
<Context path="/mydir"
                 docBase="webapps/mydir"
                 crossContext="false"
                 debug="0"
                 reloadable="true" >
</Context>
Then i create the directory  $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/mydir and put the subdirs:
jsp
WEB-INF

Then i put my html and jsp files in $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/mydir/jsp and my
classes in $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/mydir/WEB-INF/classes

I reboot the tomcat and i see in the log that the ContextManager add my new
dir
But when i try to access from Internet Explorer to
http://myserver/mydir/jsp/mypage.html
i received the error: HTTP404 Page not found

Could someone help me with that?

Regards

Claudia