tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ray Pitmon ...@digitalcyclone.com>
Subject diff in httpd.conf+server.xml between mod_jk(3.2) and mod_webapp(4)?
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2001 01:45:36 GMT
Hi all,

I am having problems getting tc4 working the same as tc3.2.

I currently have my 3.2 server set up as follows:
I have both the apache docroot and the docbase for the default context to point to the same
directory, and it works great. (I have WEB-INF in /home/httpd/webroot, of course.)

config snippets:
--(in httpd.conf)--
<virtualHost 1.1.1.1>
DocumentRoot /home/httpd/webroot
JkMount /*.jsp ajp13
JkMount /MyServlet ajp13
</virtualHost>
---
--(in server.xml)--
<Context path="" docBase="/home/httpd/webroot"
   defaultSessionTimeOut="30" isWARExpanded="true"
   isWARValidated="false" isInvokerEnabled="true"
   isWorkDirPersistent="false"/>
---

Now, I am trying to accomplish the same thing w/TC4+mod_webapp:
(I have been doing alot of guessing, trying diff things, and this is the closest I could get,
which sort-of works.)
config snippets:
--(in httpd.conf)--
WebAppConnection warpConnection warp localhost:8008

<virtualHost 1.1.1.1>
DocumentRoot /home/httpd/webroot
WebAppDeploy webroot warpConnection /
# had to use "/"
# because "/MyServlet" (mod_jk method from above) doesnt work.
</virtualhost>

--(in server.xml)--
<Service name="Tomcat-Apache">
..
<Engine ...>
  <Host name="hostname" debug="0" appBase="/home/httpd">
    <Context path="" docBase="/home/httpd/webroot" debug="1"/>
  </Host>
</Engine>
..

The main problem I see is that I can't get only *.jsp and MyServlet to go to tomcat.  It sends
all requests to tomcat.

I want to refer to my servlet as http://host.com/MyServlet

This works great with TC3.2..

I apologize if this has been covered on the list already, I didn't see anything when I searched.

thx for any ideas,

Ray Pitmon
Digital Cyclone, Inc.
rp@digitalcyclone.com